Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
We are currently looking for a QA Tester to work on our upcoming open-world projects with Unreal Engine. You will be responsible for all aspects of quality control, from the ongoing testing support of the development teams throughout the production up to ensuring successful submission preparation for console ports.
This role will have frequent communication and interaction with the QA lead, programmers, production and design teams.
- Prepare test plans for a variety of projects and platforms
- Run tests to reliably identify and verify game issues (bugs)
- Enter accurate and detailed reports into a bug tracking system
- Provide written and verbal feedback on gameplay related issues
- Ensure successful pre-submission testing to optimize submission turnaround
- Communicate and coordinate with external testing agencies
- Organize and conduct testing sessions
- Reporting directly to the QA lead
- At least 12 months prior experience in a professional testing environment
- Very good level of English is mandatory, French and/or German are a plus
- Ability and patience to perform detailed testing
- An eye for details and a good feeling for the complete picture
- Able to work with varied internal and external contacts
- Ability to post clear and accurate descriptions of each bug found
- Keeping track of the bugs through a defined process flow
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with shifting priorities
- Capacity to follow checklists with precision
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team
- Database experience (e.g. Redmine, Bugzilla, JIRA)
- Knowledge of console specific terminology and submission testing requirements
- Knowledge of automatized testing practices
- Any additional language skills
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a multi-national team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work and life balance, a lot of flexibility, and the possibility to send your kids to an international school nearby – all of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
Black Forest Games is part of the THQ Nordic Family and THQ Nordic’s biggest internal studio. Here you will get to work on projects with new and also big longtime established IPs. You will be able to work on newest hard- and software.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the warmest, most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany at the French border. We are located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non-issue as well, because of the excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner.
Please refer to this job advertisement in your application.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org