Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
– Member of the THQ Nordic family –
We are currently looking for a VFX Artist to work on for our upcoming openworld projects with Unreal Engine. He will breathe life into our games through rich, vibrant effects: weather effects, blasting explosions, magic spells, and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. The work will be done using Unreal4, also our in-house toolset and a collection of licensed tools (Max, Photoshop, effects plugins like fumefx, Afterburn and similar). The ideal candidate has a unique ability to create awesome looking effects with just a handful of assets, animated textures and some simple yet inventive methods. Experience with shaders is a plus.
- Visual effects creation using Unreal 4 and also in-house tools and technology (particle- and mesh-based effects)
- Work on the textures for these effects using 3d party licensed tools: 3DS Max, Photoshop, Afterburn, FumeFX, Aftereffects.
- Modeling and texturing of meshes for the VFX assets
- Work together with Technical Art Director to ensure the highest quality and the best performance for effects
- R&D for the effect pipeline – new tricks and techniques
- Work on further improvements and customization of our existing effects toolset
- Reporting directly to the technical art director.
- Experience with in-game effects creation (particles and screen effects)
- Inquisitive mindset and creative approach to work: capable to create effects in a constrained environment (project specific performance requirements, amount of emitters and particles, etc.)
- Being capable of 3D asset creation using Max, Photoshop, Mudbox/zBrush
- Strong understanding of in-game lighting techniques and the impact they have on the VFX
- Experience with Unreal 4.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with video visual effects software particles e.g. Adobe After Effects
- Keen interest in in CGI effects production
- Basic programming skills (to be able to work on shaders or implement engine side effect calls)
- Passion for new effect types e.g. meatball, fluid simulation, morphing effects, etc.
- Willingness to invest into tools design and further development (sending your requests to Tools code team)
- General CG artistic skills, such as animation, camera work, hand drawing skills.
We would like to see your portfolio and reel
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a multi-national team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life-balance, a lot of flexibility, and the possibility to send your kids to an international school nearby – all of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
Black Forest Games is part of the THQ Nordic Family and THQ Nordic’s biggest internal studio. Here you will get to work on projects with new and also big longtime established IPs. You will be able to work on newest hard and software like XboxOne, PS4, Oculus, Sony PSVR and Unreal Engine.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the warmest, most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany at the French border. We are located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non-issue as well, because of the excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org