Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
– Member of the THQ Nordic family –
Black Forest Games is currently looking for a Level Designer to work on our upcoming openworld projects with Unreal Engine. You will be responsible for all aspects of world and content creation, from the initial design phase, white boxing and first playable, through to the final polish phase. This role will have frequent communication and interaction with the lead level designer, lead game designer, environment artists and gameplay programmers.
- Preparing paper macro and micro level design and mission document drafts.
- Designing, prototyping, iterating on and polishing the in-game part of the open world including missions, enemy encounters, and other gameplay elements, using the Unreal Engine 4 tools and blueprint system.
- Collaborating with game designers to ensure that the level design contributes to and enhances the gameplay.
- Collaborating with environment artists on crafting spaces where gameplay flow and visual composition form memorable experiences.
- Collaborating with narrative designers to provide unique and immersive gaming experiences
- Conducting play-testing sessions and gathering feedback and action points to refine the levels and gameplay. Taking part in other play-testing sessions, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine tune and improve the game.
Reporting directly to the lead level designer
- 2+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a level designer or mission designer.
- Experience with 3D engine game editors.
- Experience with open world games.
- Ability to create map layouts at all stages – from simple drawings to fully functional world locations in at least one of the existing game engines.
- Ability to design missions – from the concept phase to polish and debug – through an iterative process based on playtests feedback
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with Unreal 4 tools and blueprint system.
- Shipped at least 1 title as a level designer.
Examples of previous work done are appreciated.
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a multi-national team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a familyfriendly work-life-balance, a lot of flexibility, and the possibility to send your kids to an international school nearby – all of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
Black Forest Games is part of the THQ Nordic Family and THQ Nordic’s biggest internal studio. Here you will get to work on projects with new and also big longtime established IPs. You will be able to work on newest hard- and software.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the warmest, most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany at the French border. We are located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non-issue as well, because of the excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner.
Please refer to this job advertisement in your application.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com