Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
– Member of the THQ Nordic family –
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer with a focus on player experience and narrative to complement our systems designers and level designers. The person will be part of the team defining and driving the gameplay vision in our projects while providing benchmarks for quality expectation, creative designs focused on usability and originality , and work as a communicator towards other disciplines and teams.
- Helping shape and own the design vision with the Creative Director and the team
- Prototyping, developing, and driving a strong design vision for game systems from conception to completion
- Guiding and mentoring junior designers
- Building and maintaining collaborative relationships with all development functions to ensure a clearly effective design process and team environment
- Creating design documents
- Championing the needs of the game from a design perspective to other stakeholders
- Establishing clear quality and expectation benchmarks
- Directing the tone of the project with an eye towards deep & immersive gameplay, constantly engaging single- and multiplayer-usability
- Analysing players behavior and data to optimize gameplay and the player experience
- Balancing, calculating and setting up gameplay data, testing and polishing the results
- Motivated and motivating, the ideal candidate must show passion and willingness to be involved in every part of the project to some extent
- Minimum 5 years in game development in design capacity
- Strong ability to pitch design ideas, and game concepts to all levels of management and leadership verbally and in documents
- Able to communicate feature requests based on design goals in a timely manner
- A good grasp of different genres’ core design mechanics and intended dynamics
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, ability to manage conflicts
- Working knowledge of industry standard game engines, design toolsets and pipelines
- Proactively remaining up-to-date with current design trends and player expectations
- Flexible and adaptive mindset
- Being part of at least 1 AA game project from conception to market
- Fluency in English
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Good understanding of screen layout, and readability
- Experience in leading and helping prepare Focus Tests
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Good understanding of player retention mechanisms in premium games
- Deep knowledge of how players and influencers nowadays interact via social media, games communities/hubs
- Understanding of how to make the above part of the gameplay and which tools/channels are needed to be implemented
- AAA game experience
- Application via CV
- Skype interview
- Ideally on-site interview if possible + presentation of previous work
- You will directly report to our Creative Director
- You will support and be supported by our Producers
- You will be part of a larger team of game system, level, narrative, and audio designers
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a multi-national team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work and life balance, a lot of flexibility, and the possibility to send your kids to an international school nearby – all of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
Black Forest Games is part of the THQ Nordic Family and THQ Nordic’s biggest internal studio. Here you will get to work on projects with new and also big longtime established IPs. You will be able to work on newest hard- and software.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the warmest, most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany at the French border. We are located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non-issue as well, because of the excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner.
SEND YOUR APPLICATION NOW!
Hey you! Yes! You! Interested in joining the team at Black Forest Games? We are always looking for talent, and we’d love to hear from you, even if the position you’re interested in isn’t listed. Send us your resume with your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to this job advertisement in your application.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com