Webseite Blue Byte GmbH
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and soon Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor”, “Skull & Bones”, “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
In order to continue delivering highly qualitative an d innovative game plays we are looking for an
VFX Artist (f/m)
This position will be located at Ubisoft Blue Byte, Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers to understand and interpret gameplay requirements to communicate gameplay mechanics to the player within the budgets of the engine.
- Work with the Art Director to define a visual style for VFX
- Cooperation with other Ubisoft teams all around the world on a daily basis
- Ensure that VFX assets are built efficiently and perform within budgets
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a VFX Artist in game development
- Strong understanding of particle systems, shaders and procedural animation.
- Working knowledge of Maya, 3DSMAX, and/or other commercial 3D authoring packages.
- A keen eye for motion, compositing, and animation
- Extensive experience with VFX editors and real-time particle systems.
- Being familiar with a node graph oriented workflow
- Able to work within a specific art style
Be forward thinking and anticipate the needs of your project.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Great communication skills and a positive attitude
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
- Strong scripting experience is a plus
- Experience in Houdini is a plus.
- Experience as an animator, modeler and/or texture artist is a plus
- Being an avid gamer is a plus.
- Experience with shaders in a package like Unreal or Hlsl experience is a plus
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume.
All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of natural and organic effects (smoke, fire, waterfalls).
- Examples of fantastical or exaggerated effects (spells, explosions).
- Examples of rigid or soft body dynamics.
- Effects created in a game engine.
- Flexible work hours
- External trainings, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruits, special conditions for gym membership, support for child care
- Possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike
- Subsidized lunch meals, possibility to lent bikes for free or lease your own bike!
- Working in an innovative and international company
We are offering highly motivating challenges for true team players with a high level of self-initiative. If you are passionate about about games and wish to become part of an innovative and diverse game development studio, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
Blue Byte GmbH
To apply for this job please visit www.bluebyte.com.