Webseite GAMEVIL COM2US Europe GmbH
GAMEVIL Com2us Europe GmbH is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join its team as a Spanish video game translator, to work on globally successful mobile games like Summoners War and Dragon Blaze. This is a full-time position in Berlin, Germany.
- Translate and edit a variety of game-related materials from English into Spanish: in-game content, events, marketing/PR texts…
- Ensure consistency of style and terminology within translated contents
- Manage outsourcing of Spanish translation tasks if needed
- Perform linguistic QA by testing integrated translations in successive game versions
- Work closely with Berlin localization team, international team members in the USA (Los Angeles, California) / South Korea (Seoul), and international development teams, to ensure accuracy and integrity of translations
- Native-speaker level in Spanish; excellent communication skills in English
- Previous experience in translation – ideally in video game localization or in fields involving creative writing style (entertainment, subtitling…)
- Excellent command of the Spanish language (grammar, phraseology, punctuation, colloquialisms) and very reliable understanding of the English language
- Gaming experience, familiarity with general video game terminology – Previous experience in video game testing or software testing would be an advantage.
- Experience using relevant CAT tools, especially MemoQ, plus familiarity with Google Documents and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with regular, tight deadlines
- Good people skills, team player
- Familiarity with text-heavy games, role-playing, fantasy and sports subjects
- Command of additional languages (especially Korean or German)
- Previous experience in localization task management
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (macros, formulas…) / CAT Tools (e.g. import/export, management of tasks and reference documents)
- College degree, professional college degree
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume with email title “Translator Spanish” to firstname.lastname@example.org and refer to this job advertisement in your application.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, senden Sie Ihre Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com