Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
3D Art Producer (f/m/x)
We are currently looking for a 3D Art Producer to work on our upcoming projects with the Unreal Engine. The candidate would be part of our 3D Art team, reporting directly to our Technical Art Director.
You will be responsible for the coordination of our internal and external 3D art production. With Art department leads you will be actively engaged in building asset delivery roadmaps, managing dependencies and risks, helping implement and improve communication and reporting workflows; and preparing / communicating work orders with the Outsourcing managers, tracking our Art outsourcing budget, and helping teams deliver on time and in quality working collaboratively and assisted by relevant leads in every step of the way.
You will have frequent communication and interaction with the Art department leads, outsourcing managers, producers and other leads.
This key role will also need you to have an understanding of the vision for the whole game, the capability to communicate it.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to learn, change and implement; professional in an ever-friendly manner; open-minded to understand and adapt; pragmatic to push the boundaries; and ambitious to want more out of their projects, teams, and themselves.
- Preparing and tracking schedules, identifying current and future risks & opportunities with the relevant leads.
- Communicate/coordinate with other department and team leads, define priorities, and manage dependencies.
- Manage 3D asset production for our internal 3D Art team (props/vehicles/weapons/buildings etc.).
- Own and manage the 3D Art team’s deliverables in relation to the overall project timeline.
- Prepare and track schedules, identifying current and future risks & opportunities with the relevant leads.
- Track the Art outsourcing budget and reporting with the outsourcing managers.
- Make sure digital and personal communication flows on time and on target.
- Identify and help resolve short and long term resource and quality bottlenecks.
- Help implement and improve communication and reporting pipelines.
- Help coordinate across the other development teams and external functions such as marketing.
Reporting directly to the Technical Art Director.
- minimum 2 years of experience at a game studio working as an Art Producer or Art-related discipline Project Manager.
- Know-how in one or more Art discipline production processes.
- Experience in Art production budget tracking.
- Outstanding group-communication skills in English with proven ability to drive a team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall development methodologies and tools.
- Keen ability to prioritize tasks and issues in relation to goals and constraints.
- Being an organized center of information with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Passion for video games and quality with an eye on the “big picture”.
- Ability to prioritize towards deadlines under changing conditions.
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal and external teams.
- Worked in the past as a 3d artist.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- A track record of multi-platform releases.
- Experience with industry-standard tools such as Confluence, Kanban boards, common bug trackers.
- Experience with documentation, and communication workflows.
- Experience with industry-standard tools such as Confluence, Kanban boards, common bug trackers, and versioning software.
- Understanding of modern art production principles, stakeholder management, and player expectations .
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com