Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
Lead Character Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a lead character artist to work on our upcoming high quality projects with Unreal Engine. He will create impressive high quality characters, lead a team of character artists and manage outsourcing of characters. The candidate would be part of our 3d art-team, reporting directly to our technical art director and work in close collaboration with our creative director and concept artists.
- Manage outsourcing of characters, giving feedback and constraints to our outsourcing partners
- Lead and give feedback to a small team of character artists and establish a well working pipeline for character creation
- Character sculpting, low-poly modeling, mapping, texturing (PBR workflow)
- Character prop/equipment sculpting, modeling, mapping, texturing
- Collaborate with the concept art team in developing the look of the characters respecting specific technical constraints.
Reporting directly to the technical art director
- Shipped at least 3 title as a character artist
6+ years’ experience at a game studio working as a senior character artist
- Team management experience, ability to give feedback in respect of style/quality and technical constraints.
- Strong knowledge of human anatomy and the ability to demonstrate it through digital sculpting
Strong ability to sculpt organic clothing on characters
- Strong hard surface modeling ability to create hard surface props on characters
- Strong grasp of topology and how it applies to animation for characters
- Proficient in the high poly, low poly baking workflow
- Proficient in creating efficient mapping, minimizing seams and distortion
- Proficient organic and hard surface subdivision surface modeling
- Proficient in Zbrush ,3DS Max, Photoshop, Substance painter or such.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver
- Experience with Marvelous designer, Blender.
- Character skinning/rigging knowledge
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- We would like to see your portfolio (assessment)
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org