Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
– Member of the THQ Nordic family –
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy about every candidate that contributes to the diversity of our team.
Senior Level Artist
We are currently looking for a senior Level artist to work on famous franchises of THQ Nordic and also new franchises.
The candidate will dress levels or open world areas from scratch , following references, concepts and Art direction, as much as providing his own ideas of level composition . He will also take part of 3d asset creation as secondary tasks. He will be part of our art-team, reporting directly to our technical art director.
- Dressing of beautiful levels/open world in close collaboration with 3d art team, Level design team and technical artist team using UE4.
- Work closely with the technical art director to develop the composition of levels/open world areas.
- Landscape painting/sculpting.
- Respect of technical constraints related to memory usage, streaming, drawcall count….
- Depending on needs Sculpting/modeling/texturing 3D real time assets (buildings/rocks/props/weapons…)
- Integration of assets in the engine; shader assignment, materials settings.
Reporting directly to the technical art director
- Shipped at least 3 titles as a level Artist
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Level Artist
- Ability to create realistic world as much as imaginary world. Creativity is a must.
- Expert knowledge of NextGen techniques as well as classic techniques like normal mapping, High and Low Poly modeling. Portfolio should demonstrate mastery of these techniques.
- Being able to work on several art styles from realistic, stylized to cartoony.
- Being able to reproduce with high fidelity in 3D a 2D concept art.
- Strong knowledge of lighting, texturing, and CG shaders and the relationship between them.
- Thorough understanding of 3D editors such as Unreal or similar game engines
- Must be able to quickly match existing styles to create a cohesive look as well as help develop ideas to further existing styles.
- Experience with 3DS Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Zbrush.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Worldmachine, Substance Designer.
- Level lighting skills.
- Optimization skills.
We would like to see your best portfolio containing dressing of levels/openworld and also 3d asset creation.
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org