Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
Technical Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a talented Technical Artist to work on our current and forthcoming titles with established and worldwide known IPs. You will be working closely with all Art teams’ members, Game Design and Engineering teams to develop, design and implement art pipelines, tools and features using Unreal engine.
- Develop rendering tech features/prototype gameplay features using Unreal blueprint system and test the implementation on the target platforms.
- GPU and CPU optimizations for both PC and consoles.
- Develop and streamline art pipelines and workflows with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
- Evaluate new 3d art tools/ rendering features to stay on top of modern technologies, improve efficiency and quality.
- Work closely with 3d artists and outsourcers to ensure that technical constraints are respected.
- Manage and integrate assets inside Unreal tools.
Reporting to the lead technical artist.
- Shipped at least 1 title as a technical artist.
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical artist preferably at a game studio.
- Background and understanding of 3D graphics.
- Strong knowledge in DCC tools like 3dsmax/Maya/Blender/Houdini/Substance/Photoshop.
- Experience in materials/shading and rendering.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with full digital art content creation pipeline (high- and low-poly modeling, mapping, baking, texturing, level art, etc.)
- Experience with any of these tools: Zbrush, Speedtree, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Character skinning/rigging knowledge
- video interview
- Script or code snippets from previously created tools
- on-site interview (if possible, otherwise second video call)
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org