Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
– Member of the THQ Nordic family –
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. If candidates embrace that too this is a big plus for us. If you are the one to make our team even more diverse you’re very welcome!
Technical Artist Optimisation (f/m/x)
We are currently looking for a talented Technical artist to work on our current and forthcoming titles with established and worldwide known IPs. You will be working closely with all Art teams’ members, Game Design and Engineering teams to develop, design and implement art pipelines, tools and features using Unreal 4 engine.
- Develop rendering tech features/prototype gameplay features using Unreal 4 blueprint system and test the implementation on the target platforms
- GPU and CPU optimizations for both PC and consoles
- Develop and streamline art pipelines and workflows with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Evaluate new 3d art tools/ rendering features to stay on top of modern technologies, improve efficiency and quality
- Work closely with 3d artists and outsourcers to ensure that technical constraints are respected
- Manage and integrate assets inside Unreal tools
Reporting directly to the technical art director
- Shipped at least 1 title as a technical artist
- 3+ years of experience working as a technical artist preferably at a game studio.
- Background and understanding of 3D graphics
- Strong knowledge in DCC tools like 3dsmax/Maya/Blender/Houdini/Substance/Photoshop
- Experience in materials/shading and rendering
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver
- Excellent communication skills & proven ability to work within a team
- Experience with full digital art content creation pipeline (High- and low-poly modeling, mapping, baking, texturing, level art, etc.)
- Experience with any of these tools: Zbrush, Speedtree, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Character Skinning/rigging knowledge
- Skype interview (case-by-case)
- Script or code snippets from previously created tools
- Ideally on-site interview if possible
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is a non issue, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org