Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games GmbH, Offenburg, Germany
– Member of the THQ Nordic family –
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. If candidates embrace that too this is a big plus for us. If you are the one to make our team even more diverse you’re very welcome!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, technically skilled and creative designer to drive user interface design excellence and elegant user experience & interactions design on our current and forthcoming titles with established and worldwide known IPs. Our ideal candidate is able to develop modern interfaces and usability flow for a console interface heavy game from the initial game design document phase all the way through to the final ergonomic, visually pixel-perfect, animated and splashy final game interfaces.
- Take responsibility for ergonomics, user-friendliness, controller/keyboard layout, solve modality issues and take care of game responses/minimization of delay
- Early design mockups and research
- Define screen logic: what happens when you press ‘that’ button, ensure the player experience is as intuitive as possible and prepare flow diagrams/screen logic hierarchy for programmers (UI engineers).
- Our ideal candidate would be able to create required art assets and animations/transitions/visual effects (Photoshop/Illustrator).
- Use authoring tool (Flash/Unreal UI Designer) to integrate all the graphic/audio/effect/fonts and animation that will be used in the interface as well as define interactions and screen logic using ActionScript/Blueprint.
- Research to keep up to date with usability standards for the comparable PC and console titles, research new techniques, tools and trends.
- Fluent English
- A degree in Graphic Design or related fields
- Proficiency with design tools: Photoshop / Illustrator
- Proficiency with authoring tools: Scaleform (incl. Action Script) and/or UMG UI Designer
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in UX/UI design (PC/console games, mobile and web apps)
- Knowledge of the modern console games UI design approaches
- Strong understanding of page and screen layout, typography, icon design and screen readability
- Proven success working in a deadline-driven environment
- Communication skills, the ability to present the team your design ideas and the rationale behind
- Proactive, intellectually curious, and possesses the passion to figure things out through research and learning
Not required, but a huge plus:
- Experience on a shipped console title in the recent past (Xbox One/PS4)
- Experience on a multiplayer title
What else do we offer ?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games ?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family friendly work life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org