Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
Gameplay Programmer (f/m/d)
We are currently seeking creative and passionate gameplay programmers to join us as we create our next outstanding game using the Unreal Engine.
Gameplay programmers work together with designers, artists, leads, and others to transform abstract ideas into working code.
They play a key role in bringing characters to life with artificial intelligence, make combat possible by crafting weapons and special abilities, and implement all manner of gameplay logic, systems, and tools.
A successful gameplay programmer may be a specialist in any one or more of these areas or a generalist who thrives on diversity.
- Solid working knowledge of C++ with creative problem solving
- A university degree (not necessarily in computer science)
- Experience with recent AAA character-based games
- Passion for video games
- English language skills
Not required, but a huge plus:
- 3+ years’ experience at a game studio and completion of at least one game
- General experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with AI in UE4 (behavior trees and blueprints)
- Experience with 3D graphics / rendering pipelines
- Experience with 2D graphics / user interfaces
- Strong linear algebra skills
- Code samples (optional – submit only code that you wrote and own)
- Test task* (see below)
- Online video interview
- On-site interview (if possible, otherwise second online)
Test Task Information
The test is a self-contained Visual Studio project written in C++.
Expect the test to take about 8 hours. Can be spread over two or three days.
Complete as much of the test as you can in the given time.
You will write code, troubleshoot bugs, and optimize.
Correctness, approach, ability to follow directions, and style will be evaluated.
What else do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Fitness area in the studio
- Green office, fresh fruits, free coffee and drinks
- Feature Day once per sprint where you’re invited to propose and contribute to new features
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project.
This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from.
We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and the next school is just a bike ride away.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com