Webseite Egosoft GmbH
Egosoft, the creators of the popular X space simulation game series, are looking for a User Interface Designer who will work closely with our artists and the programming team to define and establish a shared vision for UI design. The ideal candidate has a keen eye for visual quality and a good understanding of the design basics. Using your skills, you will shape the delivery of key information to the players, using our own, self-developed engine.
You are confident in using the necessary tools and you strive for high standards. You document and share your progress as well as identify difficulties that arise, react in a solution-oriented manner and support your colleagues with advice and assistance.
This is a full-time position based in Würselen, Germany, and available immediately. Relocation assistance is offered.
- Able to proactively gather feedback from the entire team and translate it into your field of expertise
- Open to close-knit teamwork, both locally and online
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proactive and customer-oriented work approach
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and self-motivation skills
- Passionate about sci-fi, space and video games
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in UI design in the video games industry
- Strong understanding of user interface design concepts like layout, text, and widgets
- Ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss features with respect to design challenges
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS
- Proficiency with Adobe Animate, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator/Affinity Designer and/or equivalent tools
Nice to have:
- Fondness for simulation games
- Knowledge of the X series games, and/or similar sci-fi simulation games
- Experience collaborating with artists, game designers and programmers to understand player behavior and patterns to ensure an engaging product
- Experience with creation of motion graphics
Egosoft is one of the most long-standing companies in the German games industry. As a fully independent company, we have been focusing on the development of the X game series (space simulation / sandbox) for over 20 years. Our international team enjoys direct lines of communication, flat hierarchies, employee-friendly working conditions, a high degree of flexibility and competitive salaries. In a familial environment, we rely on teamwork to achieve our common goals.
Located in the vibrant Meuse-Rhine Euroregion, the company location benefits from a fascinating, cross-border European diversity and an associated high quality of life – regardless of whether you ultimately want to live in Germany, the Netherlands or Belgium.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations, to email@example.com. Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org