Webseite Limbic Entertainment GmbH
Full-time, on-site – interview and job entry can be fully remote until the situation allows to work on-site again
Limbic Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced Console Programmer (m/f/d) to join our team.
As a Console Programmer you have a great passion for new-generation consoles and engine technologies in general. You will have already worked on professional projects in the gaming industry and ideally released at least one title. One of the responsibilities of this role is porting and developing console gameplay functionalities and tools. In addition, you will support technical artists and level designers with their porting efforts. Evaluating and integrating new tools and maintaining the deployment pipeline by applying updates will also be one of your responsibilities.
Your tasks will include:
• Implementing functionalities with a focus on consoles (PlayStation 4, Xbox One and potentially Nintendo Switch)
• Supporting the builds creation and submission processes
• Improving game performance on the engine side
• Work with Technical Leads to meet project schedules by breaking the process into manageable tasks
• Creating and estimating tasks and user stories
• Maintaining the product with technical support and bug fixes
• Evaluating new technologies and plugins
• Two to three years of experience in game development, preferably console games
• Experience in developing for consoles and the submission processes (Sony, Microsoft and/or Nintendo)
• Excellent C++ skills and well acquainted with Visual Studio
• A background in working with Unreal Engine 4
• Experience in development environments, standards and technologies such as OOP, Design Patterns, Test Driven Development, UML, etc.
• Familiarity with code and data optimization to improve performance and memory usage
• High affinity for games, the internet and emerging technologies
• Fluent in English
• EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is a plus
Why work for Limbic?
MAKE AN IMPACT
You have responsibility and ownership of key aspects that impact the development of games at one of the biggest studios in Germany. We develop high-quality software with professionalism and commitment. We are not perfect but we are constantly improving!
Learn from the best as well as become the best! We support individual and professional growth and ambitions by offering online courses, GDC vault access and events for knowledge transfer and mentorships.
Work in close departmental collaborations with an open feedback culture. Take part in our weekly social events (games, sports, food, barbeques and even more games) and enjoy free drinks, snacks and our fancy coffee machine while friendships are formed with colleagues.
We want our colleagues to stay at Limbic, to that end we offer social benefits as well as a competitive salary. You will have a secure job, as we have 19 years of experience, always 2+ projects and organic team structures. Located near Frankfurt, the area has a lot to offer in terms of leisure.
What people love most about Limbic is “the friendly, inviting and international atmosphere, my team and after-work activities such as MTG or bowling events”
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte limbic.bamboohr.com.