Webseite Limbic Entertainment GmbH
Full-time, on-site – interview and job entry can be fully remote until the situation allows to work on-site again
Limbic Entertainment is seeking a talented and experienced Engine Programmer (m/f/d) to join our team.
As an Engine Programmer you will build the foundations for our innovative games. You are specialized in game technology, have a great passion for 3D engines in general and for Unreal Engine in particular. You have already participated in the development of professional projects in the gaming industry. You have previously worked on a custom engine or have customized an off-the-shelf engine. You are able to fully analyse an existing engine’s architecture, customize systems or provide new ones (based on the project needs) and maintain changes made to the code base.
One of the responsibilities of this role is the implementation of engine-focused gameplay functionalities and tools. In addition, you will be supporting technical artists and level designers on the engine side. Evaluation and integration of new tools and maintaining the production engine code by applying updates will also be one of your important responsibilities.
Your tasks will include:
• Implementation of engine-heavy functionalities
• Optimizing systems at the engine level
• Becoming familiar with big code bases and maintaining first- and third-party code
• Supporting technical artists and level designers with tools
• Creating and estimating tasks and user stories
• Maintaining the product with technical support and bug fixes
• Evaluating new technologies and plug-ins
• Several years of experience in game development, preferably PC/Console games, including work on game engines
• Several released products
• Professional experience working with Unreal Engine or in-depth knowledge of another engine
• Excellent C++ skills and well acquainted with Visual Studio
• Experienced in development environments, standards and technologies such as OOP, Design Patterns, Test Driven Development, UML, etc.
• Deep comprehension of code and data optimization to improve performance and memory usage
• Quick familiarization with big code bases and maintenance of third-party code
• Familiar with CPU and GPU performance analysis tools eg. PIX, UE4 Profiler, NSight, Intel Frame Analyzer
• A problem solver with a positive attitude towards complex problems
• High affinity to games, internet and emerging technologies
• Fluent in English
• EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany is a plus
Why work for Limbic?
MAKE AN IMPACT
You have responsibility and ownership of key aspects that impact the development of games at one of the biggest studios in Germany. We develop high-quality software with professionalism and commitment. We are not perfect but we are constantly improving!
Learn from the best as well as become the best! We support individual and professional growth and ambitions by offering online courses, GDC vault access and events for knowledge transfer and mentorships.
Work in close departmental collaborations with an open feedback culture. Take part in our weekly social events (games, sports, food, barbeques and even more games) and enjoy free drinks, snacks and our fancy coffee machine while friendships are formed with colleagues.
We want our colleagues to stay at Limbic, to that end we offer social benefits as well as a competitive salary. You will have a secure job, as we have 19 years of experience, always 2+ projects and organic team structures. Located near Frankfurt, the area has a lot to offer in terms of leisure.
What people love most about Limbic is “the friendly, inviting and international atmosphere, my team and after-work activities such as MTG or bowling events”
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte limbic.bamboohr.com.