Webseite Travian Games
Become a Game Designer (f/m/d) at Travian Games in our NEW GAMES department to create innovative, player-focused designs that will delight millions worldwide.
At NEW GAMES, we live and breathe games! We strive to create only the best experiences for players like us. We measure our success by how rapidly we learn, not how right we are. We value everyone’s input, and everyone on the team is expected without ego to contribute to regular playtesting, process improvement, and idea generation – because we know great games are built by the collective expertise and passion of the team. We thrive in ambiguity, crazy ideas, change, and restarts – we know most people don’t like this, but it’s part of our DNA because we are entrepreneurs and problem solvers.
As a Game Designer (f/m/d) at Travian Games, your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity help craft in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams, and while working on early-stage products, you will help decipher one of Travian’s next big bets.
- Design and improve mechanics and systems that satisfy players and further solidify the game concept
- Lead small cross-disciplinary teams (2-5 people) to build systems and mechanics that achieve product goals
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options
- Playtest the game and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership
- You’re a SERIOUS GAMER! You live and breathe games
- Experience developing live game titles on mobile and Unity
- Agile development experience
- Can demonstrate experience using marketplace/store solutions/plugins – doesn’t re-invent the wheel
- Low ego, ideas can be challenged, and opinions changed, not very attached to own ideas – seamless collaborator
- Several years of experience in professional Game Design
- Relevant experience in leading the development of strategy game features
- Demonstrated proficiency in scripting in at least one engine in a shipped title
- Can create complex mechanics and systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Technical game design/engineering skills or experience – especially in Unity
- Experience in early lifecycle games – prototype and preproduction
- Longstanding professional experience in Game Design
- Several years of experience in either 4x, tycoon, or strategy games leading design on features
Our Commitment To You
- Hybrid work: Benefit from our hybrid work policy that supports a mixture of in-office and remote work from any German address! There are four mandatory on-site company events per year, where we work together on self-defined projects and, most importantly, celebrate our successes!
- Flexible work: Within our core hours (10 am – 4:30 pm), you decide when and where to work without crunch time. Got little monsters at home? In that case, you’ll benefit from our support for childcare and Kita cooperation while you enjoy our attractive Munich headquarters.
- Flexible vacation days: You get 30 days of vacation – that’s standard. But here comes the flex. When you see by the end of the year that you need more time off to go skiing – you can take up to 5 more vacation days unpaid. On the other hand, if you prefer fewer days but more money, get up to 5 vacation days paid out.
- Work abroad: Want to surf at sunrise and work from your beach apartment? No problem! Up to 90 days per calendar year, you can work abroad in up to 50 countries. Just make sure you’ve got a stable internet connection. Hello? Oh, you’re offline.
- Public transport support: We offer support using public transport throughout Germany. You can choose the “Deutschlandticket” as one of three subsidies or get an advantage via salary conversion for public transport tickets (pay ticket from gross instead of net and save on taxes).
- Make an impact: At Travian Games, you aren’t just a number. You’ll always be working on exciting tasks and meaningful projects. Express your opinions freely, and benefit from our open culture to help shape our games.
- Personal development: We want to develop great people just as much as great games. Benefit from our regular in-house and external training to develop yourself personally and professionally. We also offer language classes in German, English, French, and Spanish.
- Health and well-being: We’ve partnered with Wellpass-Qualitrain, where you can choose from 6000 partners in the sports and wellness network throughout Germany. If you pick this as your subsidy option, we’ll pay a huge chunk of the costs. We also have an excellent bike leasing scheme, so you can get a bike of your choosing.
- Choose your hardware: Mac or PC, iOS or Android? We’ve got what you need to help you excel in your craft, and we won’t judge you for what you choose… Probably.
- Regular socials and events: The office might look quiet (due to our excellent hybrid work benefit) but don’t be alarmed; we still hold social events regularly! Free food and drink on the company!
Now it’s time to apply!
If you embody player empathy and care about players’ experiences, this could be your role! We’ll look closely at your experience and relationship with games. Please forward us your CV, a portfolio link, and a presentation of yourself in any form whatsoever.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.traviangames.com.