Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can’t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you enjoy working together in interdisciplinary dev teams, in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment? Do you thrive on implementing cutting edge solutions to empower audio designers to create the most immersive and atmospheric experiences in the industry? Do you also love creating unique and innovative gameplay systems that you can be proud of for the rest of your life? If so, come work with like-minded game devs at YAGER!
We are looking for a talented Game Engineer with Unreal skills and experience in audio engineering to join the team behind The Cycle, a F2P multiplayer shooter packed with innovation. You will join in an exciting development phase and be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together!
We believe the best games are made by diverse teams and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
- Build and maintain proprietary tools for the audio department, including (but no limited to) technologies like occlusion, reverbs, and dynamic mixing
- Analyze, profile, and optimize all things audio to help deliver an amazing experience for the user without compromising performance
- Implement gameplay systems in a self-organizing, interdisciplinary team
- Write clear, maintainable and fast code in adherence to internal standards
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation
- Recognize opportunities to improve our games or general workflows and seek to make these changes
YOUR SKILL TREE
- Good knowledge of game engineering practices & techniques
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of audio production techniques
- Understanding and familiarity with DSPs and their effects
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines, including sound designers, to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
Desirable skills (nice to have experience)
- 2+ years of programming experience with 3D games
- Experience with Fmod and/or Wwise integration
- Unreal Engine
- Console development
- Free-to-play development
- Backend and/or BaaS servies (Playfab, GameSparks)
- Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google cloud…)
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
IS THIS ROLE REMOTE, HYBRID OR BERLIN BASED?
This role can be remote or on-site (hybrid model).
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.