Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can´t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Would you like to be part of a passionate and talented team dedicated to create our new mobile first IP? We are currently seeking a talented and passionate Lead Artist to work with us on our new mobile first IP . In this role, you will lead the art team and work together in interdisciplinary teams and in a fast-paced and professional environment.
As a Lead Artist, you will mentor and manage a team of artists ranging from 3D art, environment, character, concept, animation and visual effects, that are incorporated into interdisciplinary feature teams. Directly reporting to Art Direction, you will help bring our vision to life with a focus on quality and performance, as well as establishing and improving workflows that will help us reach our goal within the timeframe budgets.
- Collaborating with the Art Director in setting the visual style and quality bar for our art style, assets, and overall art production
- Ensure output of the team meets technical, artistic, and scheduling goals
- Driving creation pipeline development and documentation
- Leading efforts to optimize art assets for performance and memory usage
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure our art is built to support gameplay as well as with producers to prioritize and plan work for the team and outsourcing partners
- Mentor and coach your team in improving soft and hard skills and take active part in the asset creation process
- Providing clear, concise, consistent, and timely visual direction, guidance and feedback
- Review and deliver work in accordance with the project’s artistic direction
- Take part in the hiring process of new artists
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 5+ years of experience in professional game development as an artist
- Having shipped at least one project in an artistic leadership role
- Strong leadership, team, and people management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and collaborative problem-solving mindset
- Deep experience with asset creation tools
- Excellent understanding of state-of-the-art pipelines and workflows
- Expert knowledge of Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop, and Substance Suite or equivalent
- Ability to work within deadlines and display strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passion for videogames
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.