Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can´t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking for an experienced Lead Level Designer to join the talented team behind The Cycle: Frontier, a F2P high stakes PvPvE first person extraction shooter.
As a Lead Level Designer in this project, you will be responsible for leading and mentoring a highly motivated team of level designers and support them in the creation of high-quality game environments, as well as be a driving force of great level design.
- Overseeing the entirety of the game’s world and level designs
- Function as the level design department lead, responsible for managing our level designers, defining a coherent design culture and processes across teams, and representing the department to other departments and stakeholders
- Providing feedback and practical mentoring to team members to foster their development as level designers and developers
- Collaborate with the creative director, art director, and other department leads to realize the project’s creative vision
- Leading by example: designing and building great game levels, spaces, and gameplay scenarios (on paper and in-engine), as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Establishing level design quality benchmarks and guiding the team in reaching them
- Collaborate with Technical Art to create and continuously improve workflows and production paradigms for level building (e.g. modular systems)
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 5+ years experience as Level Designer
- 2+ years experience as Lead Level Designer
- Deep understanding of level design principles for multiplayer shooter games
- Shipped at least 1 action game as senior or lead level designer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Extensive experience with modern 3D game engines and related editing tools
Strong problem-solving skills
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.