Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can´t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you will be working directly with other Leads & Directors with significant ownership over the interface and responsible for building, leading and mentoring a talented mixed discipline team of UI contributors to produce high-quality features for our game. You are expected to lead by example and willing to carry out UI discipline work in a clear and maintainable internal standard.
- Champion for a strong UI discipline by creating visual guidelines, maintaining team documentation & managing work capacities.
- Lead by example in how to execute the UI discipline. This is done by working in an interdisciplinary feature team on implementations that make our game great with a senior-level degree of quality.
- Maintain consistency and quality of the interface while aligning to our director’s vision.
- Create and suggest best practices to develop efficient workflows & pipelines.
- As required, assist in the creation of individual UI features including asset setup and in-engine preparation.
- Develop, provide feedback & mentor other UI Designers.
- Attain an intimate understanding of the project scope that your team is responsible for and can manage tasks in an effective manner.
- Collaborate closely with the production team on the planning, coordination, and execution of UI tasks.
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 8+ years of UI design experience in game development, 2+ in a leading function with at least one shipped game title.
- Past experience in leading and mentoring UI designers and taking part in the hiring process.
- Strong knowledge of UE4, specifically UMG (Unreal Motion Graphics).
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss features with respect to design challenges.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong fundamentals of design (composition, typo, colors, etc)
- Experience with creation of motion graphics
- Experience with visual-scripting
- Experience with making interfaces for consoles & PC
- Willingness to inspire others and exchanging feedback
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.