Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit. We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can’t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Combat Designer to work with us on our flagship title ‘The Cycle’. Join us and be a driving force in Game Design to make the player combat experience shine and feel both challenging and satisfying. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about polishing the intricacies of gunplay, abilities and player movement to craft something truly unique that will leave a hallmark in the landscape of online shooter games.
Be part of a tight-knit cross-disciplinary implementation team who are all passionate FPS gamers, take part in design discussions across the board, take part in the fun! We endorse being open-minded, always challenging our gameplay and testing new ideas and concepts to enrich it further. Developing a live game means we work in a fast-paced professional environment with rapid iteration – we “fail-fast” and then get up again.
As a Senior Combat Designer at YAGER, you get a lot of autonomy over your area of design whilst also collaborating closely with the development team and design leadership in deciding next steps. We take pride in daily playtests and everyone giving frequent feedback. We also embrace an open development strategy and listen actively to community feedback. This role will be reporting into the Lead Game Designer for The Cycle: Frontier.
- Champion and drive the player combat experience collaborating with the Creative Director to shape the combat vision for the game
- Own the balancing and tuning of meta elements such as weapons, abilities, vitality and movement
- Collaborate closely with artificial intelligence designers to create a challenging and rewarding gameplay experience
- Develop, iterate and polish on features with a cross-disciplinary strike team
- Craft a fluid traversal experience together with level designers
- Involve your team in your design process – envision and engage them, discuss, incorporate ideas and feedback
- Discuss design topics and solutions across the game with the design disciplines
- Build relationships with the game’s community and the extended development team in order to seek and embrace feedback
- Mentor and guide junior designers
YOUR SKILL TREE
- +5 years of experience working as a game designer/developer
- +2 years of experience working with FPS weapon combat
- Worked full cycle on at least one shipped title
- Experience working on multiplayer games
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of game design
- Basic Unreal 4 experience
- Experience working with scripting languages in
- Unreal or equivalent game engines
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary implementation teams
- Ability to write clear, concise and explanatory design documents
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts. We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry. Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
IS THIS ROLE REMOTE, HYBRID OR BERLIN BASED?
This can be possible remote or onsite (hybrid) at our Berlin office.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.