Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can’t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Would you like to leave a mark in the landscape of games while working in a fast-paced and hyper-creative environment and with people who are passionate to create an awesome game experience together? We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Game Engineer to join YAGER’s talented team. As Senior Game Engineer you are expected to work independently as well as to help our juniors to develop and grow. You will be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together!
- Implement gameplay systems in a self-organizing, interdisciplinary team
- Write clear, maintainable and fast code in adherence to internal standards
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation
- Recognize opportunities to improve our games or general workflows and seek to make these changes
- Share knowledge and help to mentor other team members
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 4+ of programming experience with 3D games
Good knowledge of game engineering practices & techniques
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Proven ability to collaborate with different disciplines to discuss designs with respect to technical challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Passionate about videogames
Desirable skills (nice to have experience):
- Unreal Engine
- Console development
- Free-to-play development
- Backend and/or BaaS servies (Playfab, GameSparks)
- Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS, Google cloud…)
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.