Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
We are currently looking for a Lighting Artist to work on our upcoming high-quality projects with Unreal Engine. They will be working on setting up and maintaining a part of the lighting and moods for our games.
- Work with the Executive Art Director on defining moods and lighting styles.
- Set up the main lighting and moods of our levels/worlds.
- Set up local lighting of indoors and key locations.
- Set up lighting for cutscenes and cinematics.
- Set up and lighting of dynamic VFX made by our VFX Team.
- Maintain the right balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Maintain/develop our lighting pipeline, and research new lighting techniques.
Reporting directly to the Executive Art Director
- Shipped at least 1 title as a full-time Lighting Artist.
- 3+ years experience at a game studio working as a lighting artist.
- Strong knowledge of luminance and colour theory.
- Strong knowledge of modern lighting techniques, and technical and performance pipelines.
- Able to work on different visual styles from Realistic to Stylized.
- Self-motivated, technical problem solver, and team player.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal 4 lighting pipeline
- Experience with performance tracking tools (Pix, Razor, RenderDoc)
What else do we offer?
Flexible working hours
30 days of holiday
Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
Additional free health insurance
Mental health support
Free accident insurance
Fitness area in the studio
Free English & German language classes
Stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
And the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcomed and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome, no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility. Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and help shape them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in South Germany, located close to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Getting here is easy because of the excellent traffic conditions, 3 airports about 30 minutes away, and the Autobahn & ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in nature and ride to school by bike.
Love everything about us but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living across the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Please send your application to email@example.com.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org