Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is part of the fastest growing publisher in Europe, Embracer Group, and the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna. Our last release was the highly successful remake of ‘Destroy All Humans!’.
Here in the south of Germany, directly at the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio with the financial security of a big publisher.
We are an international team and we foster diversity. Sharing this mindset is a must for us. We are happy for every candidate who contributes to the diversity of our team.
System Administrator (f/m/d)
As a System Administrator in Black Forest Games’ IT team you will be able to pick up tasks from potential wide topics including Linux, Infrastructure, Networking, Software Development Environments, 3D Software, various Open Source Software and a range of Operating Systems and devices in use by the development teams as well as contribute to our hybrid cloud effort.
- Operate and expand Linux and Windows infrastructure
- Assist teams with deploying their workloads into cloud and on-premises environments
- Improve monitoring and automation systems
- Build and maintain highly available systems
- Administration and support for software, engineering platforms, utilities and tools
- Assist engineers and content creators with problem-solving
- Continuously update technical documentation
- Experience or willingness with Windows and/or Linux OS troubleshooting, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Good programming knowledge in one major language but preferable in: Python, C#, Powershell, Bash
- Comfortable learning about modern open source technologies and tools
- Solid English language skills, comfortable communicating verbal and in writing
- Solid understanding of security principals and best practices.
- Education: BS in Computer Science or similar field, lots of experience is just as good
- Experience in automation and deployment tools
- Familiar with topics covered in LPIC-1 or LPIC-2
- CV, personal references
- Work samples (optional, if programming related. Only submit code that you wrote and own)
- Short call to identify an appropriate test task where you can shine
- Test task (about 4-8 hours, can be spread over two/three days). Send us your certification, and we can cut down on this.
- Online video interview
- On-site interview (if possible, otherwise second online)
Examples of previous work done are appreciated.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- Free German language classes
- Stability of a successful publisher paired with creative freedom of an independent studio and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input is always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
We are a team with a long history of looking for long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This is an important part of our company philosophy. Talent is always welcome no matter where you are from. We offer a family-friendly work-life balance and a lot of flexibility.
Here you can work on IPs known worldwide and have a hand in shaping them.
As a bonus, Black Forest Games is located in one of the most beautiful and wealthiest areas in the South of Germany, located closely to Strasbourg, Karlsruhe and Basel. Getting here is easy, because of excellent traffic conditions – 3 airports about 30 minutes away, the Autobahn and the ICE station right around the corner. All of this in a region where kids still play in the nature and drive to school by bike.
You love everything about us, but you don’t want to live in Germany? No problem, lots of our developers are living cross the border in Strasbourg, France and get here easily by train or car. Strasbourg is one of the biggest cities in France with 500.000 citizens.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com