Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
VFX Artist (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a VFX Artist to work with us on our upcoming projects with Unreal Engine 5.
To create our VFX we are using the tools which Epic provides (such as Niagara, Blueprints etc.) as well as a variety of licensed software (e.g., MAX, Substance Designer, Photoshop, ZBrush and Houdini FX, which is becoming more and more a central part of our pipeline). In general, we are very flexible and open-minded about new techniques and software. The ideal candidate should have the passion and the skills to create VFX which are visually stunning, well-timed, often interactive, and still performant. We are looking for someone who enjoys coming up with innovative solutions and is confident enough to tackle them.
- Creation of Visual effects using Unreal 5 and a variety of technical approaches, matching the visual style of the game.
- Creation of most of the required VFX assets (meshes, textures, flow maps, image sequences, vertex animations, etc.)
- Communicate well with designers to collect all relevant information for the effect creation.
- Work together with VFX Lead, Tech Art and Code to ensure the highest quality and best performance for effects.
- Follow through with an effect and keep it on the radar until it is fully implemented and working as intended.
- R&D for the effect pipeline – new tricks and techniques.
- Work on further improvements and customization of our existing effects toolset. (E.g., helping to build a library of useful material functions, Niagara module, VFX blueprints, etc.)
Reporting directly to the Lead VFX artist
- 2+ years’ experience as a VFX artist in a studio (we are flexible regarding the experience depending on the quality of the portfolio, delivered test tasks and interviews)
Experience with Unreal 5 (Niagara, Blueprints, etc.).
- Experience with Realtime VFX the obstacles and challenges.
- Being capable of VFX asset creation (meshes, textures, flow maps, image sequences, vertex animations, etc.).
- Ability to adapt to visual styles.
- Ability to create custom shaders and post effects.
- Inquisitive mindset and creative approach to work: capable of creating effects in a constrained environment (project-specific performance requirements, amount of emitters and particles, etc.).
- Organized and responsible workflow to maintain file hygiene.
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work within a team.
- Experience with video visual effects software particles e.g. Adobe After Effects.
- Keen interest in CGI effects production.
- Basic programming or scripting skills.
- Passion to grow your skillset and to include a variety of techniques into your effects. (e.g., metaballs, fluid simulation, morphing, complex particle behaviour, etc.).
- Willingness to invest in tools design, further development, and documentation (sending your requests to the tools code team).
- General CG artistic skills, such as animation, camera work, and hand drawing skills.
- We would like to see your portfolio and reel.
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- 30 days of holiday
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, coffee and drinks
- Additional free health insurance
- Pension Plan
- Mental health support
- Free accident insurance
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are welcomed and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs.
Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com