Webseite Black Forest Games GmbH
Black Forest Games is the biggest studio of THQ Nordic Vienna and part of the fastest-growing publisher in Europe – Embracer Group. Here in the South of Germany, near the French border, we combine the creative freedom and culture of an independent studio and the financial security and stability of a big publisher with the possibility of working on worldwide known IPs. Currently, we’re working on ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Last Ronin’. As an international team, we embrace diversity and inclusivity, considering it an essential aspect of our core values.
Production Intern (f/m/d)
We are currently looking for a Production Intern to work on our projects with the Unreal Engine. This position will support the Production team engaged in all aspects of game development and other related activities. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to learn, change and implement; professional in an ever-friendly manner; open-minded to understand and adapt; pragmatic to push the boundaries; and ambitious to want more out of their projects, teammates, and themselves. You will have frequent communication and interaction with the leads, testing teams, and other producers. As per our commitment to our human resources, you are primarily expected to learn as much as you can and are expected to assist or own the following responsibilities listed.
- Help organize and run production-related meetings, including and not limited to feasibility, planning, scheduling, conflict resolution
- Help run daily stand-ups and their aftermath for problem-solving
- Help create lists of issues and tasks to be tackled by various teams, help understand and weigh in on the priorities and scheduling of said actions
- Help run the communication processes smoothly and on time
- Support project management practices such as Backlog creation & hygiene
- Support internal and external marketing actions
Ideally, own an area of production or feature team in the project fitting your personal goals at the late stages of the internship
Reporting directly to the Development Director, mentored and assisted by the team.
- Fitting educational and/or work background
- Strong group communication skills in English with a proven ability to work within a team
- Passion for video games and on-the-job-learning
- Ability to react in a timely manner under changing conditions
- Ability to work with others to get results
- Being an organized centre of information with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic know-how in at least Agile development methodology and tools
- Understanding of opportunity costs and customer-supplier relationship as it relates to game development workflows
- Good command of MS Office products
A showcase or portfolio identifying your added value
Basic working know-how of the Unreal Editor
Some programming, design, or game development relevant experience or understanding
Ability to work with basic decision-making level information
Some experience in documentation and communication workflows
Experience in any industry-standard development tools such as Confluence, Kanban boards, bug-trackers
What else do we offer?
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary
- Green office, fresh fruits, free coffee, and drinks
- Fitness area in the studio
- The stability of a successful publisher paired with the creative freedom of an independent studio
and the chance to work with a great team in an open culture where your opinion and input are always welcome and considered, beyond your dedicated task.
Why join Black Forest Games?
Our team seeks long-term companions – we are hiring for the studio, not for the project. This principle holds a significant value in our company philosophy. Regardless of your background, we warmly welcome talented individuals. Black Forest Games provides a work environment that promotes a harmonious work-life balance and grants considerable flexibility. Here you have the chance to work on & shape up worldwide known IPs. Our studio is situated in the picturesque region of Southern Germany, conveniently close to cities like Strasbourg, Karlsruhe, and Basel. Our location enjoys exceptional connectivity, thanks to the amazing transportation infrastructure: three nearby airports, the highway, and the train station right around the corner. Despite our well-connected surroundings, Offenburg offers a unique blend of natural beauty and modern convenience, away from the chaotic noise of crowded cities.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org