Webseite Flying Sheep Studios GmbH
ABOUT FLYING SHEEP STUDIOS
We craft truly frictionless games for the metaverse.
Flying Sheep Studios is a game company of 20 people with great ambitions that has already ship- ped over 200 crossplatform webgames. Since joining the iCandy group, we have been focussing on building social virtual worlds to contribute to the Metaverse.
Even though we have an office located in the Cologne Game Haus, right in front of the Gamescom location, our team may work remotely from anywhere in Germany.
We have built our company culture based on the following beliefs:
Diversity is the key to more creativity and better problem solving. Our team is currently composed of people of 6 nationalities and over one third female team members. Our company language is Eng- lish. If we enjoy ourselves while making our games, this will translate into more fun games for our players. So we make sure to keep a harmonic atmosphere, and have regular voluntary team events (LAN parties, board game nights, karaoke etc…)
Continuous improvement of our processes enables us to deliver games without unnecessary stress. We are never satisfied with the status quo, therefore we use every opportunity to learn and improve our skills and processes, to enable us to meet all deadlines without having to crunch.
This is important for our last point because…
… we believe that a healthy work-life balance is essential for an enjoyable work environment. Not only have we been able to avoid crunch completely for the 8 years of our existence. We also offer flexible working time, flexible working place (Cologne office or anywhere else), and overtime is compensated in free-time.
If these values fit your own expectations of a desirable workplace, then here is your chance to join our team!
Backend Web Game Developer
Full-time, m/f/d, Cologne or remote in Germany
• Contribute to an ambitious web3 game from the get-go
• Build the architecture of the system while keeping in mind the scalability, security, speed, and stability of the application
• Analyze the requirements and goals, handle bugs and errors, and come up with efficient and fast solutions
• Manage and develop APIs for communication between different services and with the client
• Write reusable code and libraries for future implementations
• Scaling the application to handle the load changes and a large amount of data traffic
• Interact with the database to store and retrieve huge amounts of data in realtime
• Work independently in cooperation with a team of experienced web game developers
• Strong knowledge of:
– Git or other version control systems
– Network protocols
– Databases NoSQL / SQL
– API design REST / CRUD / RPC
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Degree in informatics/software development or equivalent experience
• Game enthusiast
IT WOULD BE OF ADVANTAGE IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH
• Live operations of a web or mobile game
• web3/dApp development
• Knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud, Heroku Platforms
• Containerizing processes and managing them in microservices.
WE OFFER YOU
• Work from our Cologne office or remotely in Germany
• Very flexible working hours
• Perks like 30+3 days of holidays, training and conference budgets etc…
• Work with cutting edge web and blockchain technologies
• Grow together with an ambitious game studio
• Play an important part in shaping the future of the metaverse
If you want to join us, send your application documents, portfolio, possible start date and desired salary to Marta at email@example.com
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org