Webseite Spoondrift Games
Spoondrift Games is an indie developer that spins spooky stories to inspire adventure. Starting in November, we are developing the prototype of our first concept, Dead Letters – Leaving Lawton’s Top. It is a coming-of-age story of a young adult who wants to leave their sleepy town behind but is being held back by monstrous manifestations of their fears. With stealth and puzzle elements, they will overcome their fears through gameplay based on actual coping mechanisms and pave their way forward on this surreal journey.
Scope of work
Develop and optimize a 3rd-person surreal adventure game:
- Implement game mechanics and iterate on interactions.
- Collaborate with the team to create new design & development tools as well as expand existing systems.
- Optimize performance and maintain code quality.
- Support team with asset implementation & pipeline development.
- Participate in user research.
- Squash all the bugs.
You’ll fit right in if:
- You are proficient at developing with the Unreal Engine and have a strong understanding of its fundamentals (Please show us your work samples).
- You work in a solution-oriented manner: solving problems using a systemic approach with an eye on long-term stability and scalability.
- You have a good sense of usability and game feel when developing interactions.
- You do not shy away from discussions with other coders and team members, being able to both give and receive constructive feedback.
- You can speak English fluently.
Bonus Points (not mandatory)
Would be cool if:
- You are proficient in C++.
- You enjoy participating in game design sessions.
- You have experience with source control and agile development practices.
- You like horror.
Spoondrift Games is a collaboration between indie game developers and creatives from the international horror genre. Our focus is on developing concept-heavy and narrative-centric stories with cross-media potential.
We are a new Germany-based studio that consists of people from all over the world. We offer a flexible work schedule, value a healthy work-life balance and try to make sure every voice is heard. We work remotely most of the time, although meetups and co-working near Cologne is possible.
We’re looking for a full-time or 20 hours/week developer (f/m/d). As our prototype is funded by the Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, we’re looking for candidates from within the region. If you fit the profile above, please reach out to email@example.com . If you don’t but still think you’d fit in well, drop us a line anyway =)
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org