THREAKS are looking for a Unity Gameplay Engineer to support our services team. As a live ops engineer your role is to build and maintain scaleable architecture for a content delivery pipeline, event management systems, remote game configurations and similar systems. In addition, you are welcome to contribute to the games gameplay mechanics like AI, UI and so on. You will report your progress directly to your team lead.
We are primarily looking for a full-time hire but keep an open mind to a freelance position, to get to know each other. The position can be either on-site or remote, however you must be located in (or willing to relocate to) germany.
- Work in a small, motivated team to deliver state-of-the-art game projects
- Develop & implement systems for our game projects in a wide variety of fields such as Audio, Animation, AI, Gameplay, Tools and more
- Continuous improvement of current and new features for our projects
- Build & maintain content delivery pipelines
- Take ownership & responsibility in systems you work on
- Develop & maintain a framework to create narrative game experiences for a new exciting console.
- Work with our clients to help them achieve their vision and goals
- Ensure good and clean project practices are maintained
- Profiling and optimizing critical code
- Conduct code reviews and give feedback on the work of your peers
- Document your work to foster knowledge sharing and help users understand how to use new systems and features
- Communicate closely with your team and your lead(s)
Skills & Requirements
- C#: 4+ years’ professional experience as a game programmer (Unity C#)
- Unity: 4+ years’ professional experience in the Unity-Engine
- Software Design: A good general understanding of programming & architectural software design basics
- VCS: Experience using VCS such as git/svn/plastic
- Agile: Experience working with scrum or other agile development methodologies
- Android Experience: You have developed and built games for the android platform before.
- Live Ops: Knowledge on how to build & maintain content pipelines, event management, remote game configurations, crash diagnostics and other Live Ops related topics
- Excitement: You have a burning passion for developing both mobile and console games and want to deliver high quality game experiences to the customers, regardless of the platforms specifications
- Analytical Thinking: You have a well-structured, organized approach of addressing problems and solving problems through logical thinking
- Excellent English skills, both verbally and written
- Great soft skills: You have excellent communication skills and are willing to embrace our company culture and values
- Strong theoretical background: B.Sc. in a computer science (or related) field
- Optimization Skills: You have a knack for pushing the engine’s boundaries and getting the most out of the given frame-budget
- Shader Programming: You have a strong mathematical understanding and your secret superpower is writing shaders to help make beautiful games look even better.
- DevOps & CI/CD: Tools & Pipelines are your specialty and you’re experienced working with software such as Jenkins in order to improve and automate error-prone and laborious steps of the game development pipeline.
- Shipping Experience: You were involved in bringing at least one title to current-gen platforms and/or mobile platforms.
We want to encourage everybody, especially diverse and underrepresented developers, to apply for this position, even if you do not meet all the requirements.
THREAKS is an award winning game studio from Hamburg, Germany founded in 2009. We work on games that we love for PC, consoles and mobile as well as AR & VR. Our diverse portfolio is based on one common core: exceptional quality in tech and art. We always try to push the boundaries of what‘s possible with great focus on juicy player feedback, stunning looks and a feeling for the most immersive player experience.
We are a small, indie, diverse, and familiar team of game passionate developers looking to make amazing projects together.
THREAKS offers a flat hierarchy environment where everyone’s input on our projects is welcome.
As a full-time employee in Germany, you will benefit from health and social insurances as well as enjoy flexible working time and focus on a good work/life balance.
Our Most Recent Release
Battle Planet – Judgement Day is a rogue-lite SciFi arcade shooter with adrenaline-charged, non-stop action. Play on beautiful procedurally generated micro-planets. Fleeing a crashed prisoner transport ship, you’ll fight for your freedom against the police, military robots and frightening boss-creatures lurking for you in the dark corners of space.
Three character classes, awesome perks and a wide variety of perma-upgrades will make you want to dive into hell again and again to change your destiny.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.threaks.com.