Webseite Travian Games
UX Designer (f/m/d), temporary 1 year
Deep dive into our classic strategy game Travian: Legends and keep its long-standing expert audience entertained on both browser and mobile! As a UX Designer (f/m/d), you will advocate for our players and always strive to make their gaming life easier, so they can concentrate on the fun!
Exciting annual specials, yearly international tournaments, and a new in-development mobile app are just a few highlights that enrich our players’ experiences! We constantly strive to improve this renowned game according to the needs and wishes of our players.
Our Munich-based team works closely together in a cross–disciplinary environment where quick processes, own ideas, and direct communication are highly valued. As a self-reliant UX Designer (f/m/d), you will work agilely, all while keeping up with industry standards and developments in the broader strategy games market. If you believe players deserve only the best and are not afraid to wrap your head around complex problems, you’re in the right place!
- You will be part of the design team for the browser versions of our flagship game, ensuring exchange and alignment on design choices
- You will collaborate closely with other designers and the stakeholders on the team to ensure new features will be easily understood and used by the players
- You will prepare and discuss suggestions to improve the overall usability of the game and underline your thesis with research, e.g., player interviews
- You will create wireframes and write clear user stories for the programmers on the team to bring your designs to life
- You have profound and demonstrable work experience as a UX Designer (or Interaction Designer or Information Architect) for games, ideally browser. Experience working with Agile is a plus
- You are a gamer, preferably with experience in Travian: Legends or other 4X strategy games
- You are an expert in transforming both player needs and business requirements into wireframes that capture the intended experience using standard tools (e.g., Sketch, Figma or Photoshop)
- You are a passionate advocate for the player. Your designs are based on player/user feedback that you actively seek out. Experience performing User Research is a plus
- You should be able to effectively communicate your design decisions and the rationale behind them to various stakeholders like game designers and product managers
- Practical experience in producing interface layouts in the Unity game engine is a plus
- Excellent English, written and verbal
Our Commitment To You
- Hybrid work: Benefit from our hybrid work policy that supports a mixture of in-office and remote work from any German address! There are four mandatory on-site company events per year, where we work together on self-defined projects and, most importantly, celebrate our successes!
- Flexible work: Within our core hours (10 am – 4:30 pm), you decide when and where to work without crunch time. Got little monsters at home? In that case, you’ll benefit from our support for childcare and Kita cooperation while you enjoy our attractive Munich headquarters.
- Flexible vacation days: You get 30 days of vacation – that’s standard. But here comes the flex. When you see by the end of the year that you need more time off to go skiing – you can take up to 5 more vacation days unpaid. On the other hand, if you prefer fewer days but more money, get up to 5 vacation days paid out.
- Work abroad: Want to surf at sunrise and work from your beach apartment? No problem! Up to 90 days per calendar year, you can work abroad in up to 50 countries. Just make sure you’ve got a stable internet connection. Hello? Oh, you’re offline.
- Public transport support: We offer support using public transport throughout Germany. You can choose the “Deutschlandticket” as one of three subsidies or get an advantage via salary conversion for public transport tickets (pay ticket from gross instead of net and save on taxes).
- Make an impact: At Travian Games, you aren’t just a number. You’ll always be working on exciting tasks and meaningful projects. Express your opinions freely, and benefit from our open culture to help shape our games.
- Personal development: We want to develop great people just as much as great games. Benefit from our regular in-house and external training to develop yourself personally and professionally. We also offer language classes in German, English, French, and Spanish.
- Health and well-being: We’ve partnered with Wellpass-Qualitrain, where you can choose from 6000 partners in the sports and wellness network throughout Germany. If you pick this as your subsidy option, we’ll pay a huge chunk of the costs. We also have an excellent bike leasing scheme, so you can get a bike of your choosing.
- Choose your hardware: Mac or PC, iOS or Android? We’ve got what you need to help you excel in your craft, and we won’t judge you for what you choose… Probably.
- Regular socials and events: The office might look quiet (due to our excellent hybrid work benefit) but don’t be alarmed; we still hold social events regularly! Free food and drink on the company!
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte jobs.traviangames.com.