Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit. We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can’t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate (Senior) Engineer – Online to support our team working on the online features for The Cycle: Frontier, a F2P multiplayer shooter packed with innovation. You will join in an exciting development phase and be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together! Online Engineers make sure our live operations are stable and scalable, letting users play our game with no interruptions or downtime. In order to do so, they bring strong backend and cloud infrastructure knowledge and experience. The ideal candidate is an Engineer who has extensive experience working on cloud infrastructure and serverless backend, ideally on live, online games with a strong multiplayer component. Game development experience is a strong plus, but we are also open to candidates that are willing to learn working with the Unreal Engine.
- Build online features that are fast, highly available and scalable, to keep our game running and letting users play our game with no interruptions or downtime
- Cover our tech stack, from game client to our Playfab backend, all the way to our Azure infrastructure
- Expand our technical infrastructure, adding new resources to support game features while also keeping an eye on costs
- Research new technologies and tools that will help us run our live services with high availability and scalability
- Ensure your code is safe and properly validated to prevent cheating and exploits
- Write clean and maintainable client/backend code
- Integrate platform services and SDKs, such as Steam, EGS, PSN and Xbox Live
- Write technical specifications, technical design documents, and collaborate with designers on game design documents to ensure they’re technically viable
- Support running a 24/7 live game, following On-call schedules and investigating live incidents
- Mentor junior and regular engineers, run technical interviews and own a significant part of our online infrastructure
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 4+ Years of experience working on live games, on PC, mobile and/or console platforms
- Experience implementing online services, such as In-app purchases, authentication, matchmaking and analytics
- Fluent in C# (or similar languages)
- Experience working with backend technologies, either in-house or BaaS, in a serverless architecture
- Experience with cloud infrastructure on any of the major providers (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud), including VPCs, SQL/NoSQL databases, and messaging/queue systems
- Experience using Terraform or other IoC (infrastructure as code) tools
- Experience with Playfab, Azure functions, SignalR, Redis
- A passion for videogames, and a general understanding of the industry and game design principles
Nice to have skills:
- Experience working with UE4, including UMG, Blueprints, or similar game engines
Fluent in C++
- Multiplayer game experience, including dedicated servers, replication and client prediction
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity or similar) pipelines, and ideally UE4 build system
- Experience with testing automation frameworks, including cloud stress testing
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts. We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry. Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
IS THIS ROLE REMOTE, HYBRID OR BERLIN BASED?
This role can be full remote or hybrid (onsite) at our Berlin office.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.