Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit. We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can’t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a talented and passionate (Senior) Engineer – Gameplay Systems to support our team working on the meta features for The Cycle: Frontier, a F2P multiplayer shooter packed with innovation. You will join in an exciting development phase and be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together! Gameplay Systems Engineers build features that lets our users interact with meta game systems, such as level progressions, Season pass, shops, crafting and inventories. In order to do so, they have strong UI and general game development skills, and experience working with a game backend to ensure all operations are validated and safe. The ideal candidate is a Game Engineer who has extensive experience building gameplay systems to engage players and track their progression, ideally on live, online games with a strong multiplayer component.
- Build Gameplay systems features such as leaderboards, live events, Season pass, level progression, crafting, shops and In-app purchases
- Work closely with designers, artists, UI/UX and other disciplines to deliver great features that are intuitive and fun to interact with
- Ensure your game logic is safe and properly validated on backend side to prevent cheating and exploits
- Write technical specifications, technical design documents, and collaborate with designers on game design documents to ensure they’re technically viable
- Write clean and maintainable client/backend code and Blueprints
- Support running a 24/7 live game, following On-call schedules and investigating live incidents
- (Senior) Mentor junior and regular engineers, run technical interviews and own a significant part of our gameplay systems features
YOUR SKILL TREE
- 4+ Years of experience working on games, on PC, mobile and/or console platforms
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Fluent in C++, C# (or similar languages) and Blueprint scripting
- Experience building game UI using Unreal widgets, UMG and Blueprints
- Experience working with a game backend in a serverless architecture
- Multiplayer game experience, including dedicated servers, replication and client prediction
- A passion for videogames, and a general understanding of the industry and game design principles
Nice to have skills:
- Experience using Playfab, Azure functions, SignalR, Redis
- Experience with testing automation frameworks
- Experience with UE4 build system, and CI/CD (Jenkins, TeamCity or similar)
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts. We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry. Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
IS THIS ROLE REMOTE, HYBRID OR BERLIN BASED?
This role can be full remote or hybrid (on-site at our Berlin office) where we offer a relocation program.
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.