Webseite YAGER Development
YAGER makes computer games and is based in Berlin, Germany. Founded in 1999 by 5 enthusiastic gamers, we combine long-term experience with a resilient and innovative spirit.
We are passionate about creating online action games with rich worlds, focused on social emergent gameplay. Our mission is to give players unique moments they can’t wait to tell their friends about.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Artist to support our team working on our next hit The Cycle: Frontier, a F2P multiplayer shooter packed with innovation. You will join in an exciting development phase and be part of an experienced team that has a lot to offer and encourages you to grow with us together!
We’re looking for someone who is excited to work on something truly unique that will leave a hallmark in the landscape of online shooter games. As a Technical Artist, you are someone who loves solving complex technical problems to push the artistic possibilities. Your primary duties, under the direction of the Lead Technical Artist are in leading the technical art team in making the game look great, perform great and making our tools and pipelines great.
- Push the visual excellence of the project by solving complex technical art problems
- Work proactively with team members to improve workflows and increase the speed and efficiency of the art team
- Collaborate with feature teams to design, implement, document and maintain content creation pipelines and tools
- Research and prototype new technologies to keep the project on the cutting edge
- Support your colleagues with troubleshooting and mentorship to raise and maintain the technical expertise of the whole art team
- Advise on the technical feasibility and possible risks of new features
YOUR SKILL TREE
- Previous experience with technical art in a professional game development environment with at least one shipped title in a technical art role
- Deep overall understanding of and experience with Unreal Engine, ideally with a strong specialization in either performance optimization, tool creation/editor modification, visual effects, or materials & rendering
- Experience devising and supporting modern 3D art asset creation pipelines
- Ability to take and apply direction and work well in an interdisciplinary team environment
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience writing tools with Python, Blueprints, and/or C++
READY FOR THE QUEST?
We support you all the way
- Get settled. We offer relocation packages and budgets, provide temporary accommodation, administrative support and more.
- We care about your work-life-balance with competitive vacation days and core working hours
- Green travel at a discount. We offer a Company Ticket for the public transportation system in Berlin (BVG)
- We´re dog friendly! Bring your best buddy to the office and make new friends.
We are passionate about growth
- Join a diverse & creative team! Over 28 nationalities come together to create thrilling gaming experiences.
- We´re dedicated to see you grow. Receive feedback, internal trainings, workshops and Lunch & Learns and more!
We care about your well-being
- (Mental) health matters. We work with various partners to provide you and your loved ones with support for mental & physical health, coaching and counselling and more!
- Stay fit! We offer a gym membership for FitX gyms around Berlin. The best thing about it? There´s one just a ten-minute walk from the office!
- Yum! Our equipped kitchen is stocked with beverages and fresh fruits and we hold regular team events
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At YAGER we believe that the best gameplay stories are those shaped by other players. We know together is better and we celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We know that an aligned and diverse team will outperform the sum of its parts.
We are committed to creating a safe working environment where a diverse mix of talented people come together to make great games for everyone and to increase diversity and inclusion in the game development industry.
Every hero has a backstory, and we welcome you to share yours with us, and become part of an inclusive team working on creating exhilarating and engaging socially emergent action games.
IS THIS ROLE REMOTE, HYBRID OR BERLIN BASED?
This position can be full remote or on-site (hybrid).
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte yager.jobs.personio.de.